The months leading up to the merger date on January 1, 2021, were eye-opening, exciting, fast-paced, and rewarding, all at the same time. Since January 1st, we have set a course and have been working overtime to merge our member data core systems on October 1st. Through this entire process and going forward, I must give credit to the entire team that is making this transition happen. They have worked tirelessly to provide you the best value from your credit union while ensuring that we continue to grow and thrive in this ever-changing financial services environment.
As a brief update since the merger, we have provided enhancements that you may or may not have noticed. We have committed to updating the equipment, computers, and tools staff use daily. All employees have been provided some additional communication tools to help them perform their jobs more efficiently, with a new phone system, an individual email address, and an instant messaging system. Along with the equipment upgrades, we have started the process of cleaning and freshening up our facilities starting in the Old Town branch with more coming in the future. We have introduced enhancements to the Indirect Lending Department and a more robust Mortgage Loan Department. We have hired additional staff with a focus on facilitating new loans quicker and seamlessly for the membership.
Between now and when the core data system upgrade happens on October 1st, our top priority is to ensure a smooth and seamless transition for you with as little disruption of service as possible. With that goal in mind, our staff is working diligently to prepare for the transition and strives to provide you with exceptional service while still on the current system. We will soon begin comprehensive staff training on the new system with the end goal of being able to serve you better for years to come.
After the transition to the new member core data processing system, we hope you will notice some improvements to member service, enhanced products, and ease of doing business with your credit union. You will experience:
- A larger team of Credit Union professionals with the expertise to handle all your financial needs.
- The Member Service (Call) Center, a dedicated team of problem-solvers and service enhancers just a phone call away who can process most inquiries and requests, person-to-person without the need to transfer your call.
- New omnichannel digital banking platform full of service enhancements.
- New products and account types like a Health Savings Account, a Checking Account with a Round-Up Savings feature, and broadened Mortgage Loan types to fit your life better, just to name a few.
- An updated service fee schedule is designed to save you money.
As we move closer to the core data system merging, we are committed to keeping you informed of our progress with special mailings, emails, social media, and information on our website. Thank you so much for the trust, patience, and confidence you have placed in us. Do not hesitate to contact us should you have questions or concerns and please know serving you and working in your best interest is our promise to you.
President and CEO
Still have questions on the merger, Visit our FAQ page