Scam Alert-- Rule to follow-- If it's too good to be true it probably is.
Scam Of The Week: Social Media Phishing Attacks Soar 500%
A recent report by Proofpoint found that social media phishing attacks are up 500%. This means you should always be on guard when interacting on your various social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and so on.
Follow these best practices for social media:
- Adjust the privacy and security settings offered on each social media site and limit your presence so that your information canâ€™t be used against you.
- Carefully consider before you post anything. Nothing on the internet really disappears completely.
- Make sure you fully understand what information your organization considers confidential or sensitive, and donâ€™t post this information on your social media platforms.
- Donâ€™t post that you are out of town attending a conference or on vacation.
- Only accept friend or connection requests from people you know personally or can verify through another friend or connection.
- Always use different usernames and strong passwords for every social media site.
- Never use your work email address for anything other than work.
- Think before you click on any links, even from trusted friends or colleagues. Your friendsâ€™ accounts can be hacked and used to trick you into clicking as well. Double-check unexpected links are legitimate and safe by contacting senders through another method of communication.
Always be ready to defend yourself against social engineering while on the web. Always Think Before You Click!
Top Five Reasons to use Shared Branching
Helping Serve Our Friends and Family Who Make 'The County'
Do you use Shared Branching? This nationwide community of credit unions with over 5,000 locations enables you to do your banking at any participating branch, while keeping your accountâ€¦ read moreâ€¦
Our Routing Number is 211288006
Recent News & Announcements
* For Sale *
For additional information or questions on vehicles please call Dennis Rogeski at 493-5135 or Joe Dunn at 493-5113 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org 2011Hyundai Accent...
CountyMoGO allows you to handle your accounts from anywhere!
The County Federal Credit Union has the tools available to its 17,000+ members to bank from everywhere.
Mobile Banking / County MoGO Mobile Check Deposit is here! County MoGO just got better with a new look and user interface! Download our free mobile banking app in iTunes or ...
Shared Branching - National Benefit
A recent article in MaineBiz magazine highlights the many benefits that members of Maine credit unions have as part of the shared branching network.
(Note: the following link is not authored nor controlled by The County Federal Credit Union. By clicking on this link, you understand that The County Federal Credit Union is not responsible for...
Recent News & Announcements