With the ever-evolving COVID-19 virus situation, please know The County Federal Credit Union is vigilant in our quest to keep our employees and members safe. Some of the best resources to receive the latest information on the COVID-19 Virus are the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website at www.cdc.gov and the State of Maine Center for Disease Control.
For the safety of our members and staff, The County Federal Credit Union is adhering to the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control & Prevention for limiting exposure and spread of COVID-19 by practicing social distancing. Our Drive-Thru windows at all locations are OPEN, however, the lobbies of all of our branches are closed to walk-in traffic until further notice. Under these ever-evolving circumstances, we are conducting banking transactions via our drive-thru windows, ATMs, Online Banking, County MoGO Mobile Banking, iTalk Telephone Banking and by telephone. Please know, we are committed to providing our members with the best possible service with the least amount of disruption and inconvenience as possible, under the current circumstances. Our Member Service Center is available 877-318-3838 during regular business hours to offer guidance for any questions that may arise. Rest assured your credit union is strong and your funds are safe with us and are fully insured up to $250,000 by NCUA and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. Our Loan Staff is ready and available to assist with any loan needs via our website, telephone or email. As always, our Indirect Lending Department is always ready to serve you through our dealer network. Thank you to our members for allowing us to serve you, and we are looking forward to getting all things back to normal soon.
If you haven’t signed up for Online Banking, this may be the perfect time to take a few minutes and consider this as a perfect alternative, and start banking from the safety of home, work or anywhere. To do so, click on the green “Online Banking” box at the top of our Home Page at CountyFCU.org and follow the prompts. Once signed up for Online Banking, it is easy to add County MoGO our mobile banking app, just follow the prompts starting on our County MoGO web page. Our app allows you to bank from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. Using either Online Banking or County MoGO mobile banking app will allow you to:
• View your Accounts
• Check Balances
• Pay Bills
• Deposit Checks
• Apply for a Loan
• Transfer Funds
• Have Piece of Mind
• View Account Activity & History
Should you encounter any difficulties with the setting up of our digital services please don’t hesitate to call our Member Service Center at 1-877-318-3838.
Quick Reference Links to information on our website.
BE AWARE OF SCAMS— even in times like these.
Scammers will continue to come up with creative ways to get into people’s financial accounts. Scamming is an everyday part of our lives now and we can never let our guard down. If you suspect you are a victim of fraud and your accounts with us have been compromised, please contact us immediately.
Be sure to keep these common scams and tips in mind before you put your funds at risk:
- If you receive a call or email from someone who claims to be from your credit union or financial institution and says your account has been defrauded or that you need to make a payment with your credit or debit card, or divulge account numbers or social security numbers, ask them for their contact information, and say you will call them back or simply hang up. Check the number they give you against the number you normally contact your credit union with.
- Your credit union or any financial institution will NEVER call or email you asking you to follow a link or ask you for personal details over the phone. If you believe the call or email is not genuine, contact your credit union or financial institution to let them know about the possible fraud and ask their advice. Do NOT call using any telephone number listed in an email— use a number that appears on your statement or card, or in the phone book. The more you know, the better you’ll be able to guard against identity theft, internet fraud and more. Fortunately, there are many preventative measures you can take to substantially reduce the chance of fraud.
To read the latest COVID-19 scam threat visit:
Go to : Consumer Education or the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION’S website.
Social Security Offices
All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020. This decision protects the population we serve—older Americans and people with underlying medical conditions—and our employees during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. However, we are still able to provide critical services.
Please read our press release to learn more, including how to get help from the Social Security Administration by phone and online.
Member and Business Support
FINANCE AUTHORITY OF MAINE
- FAME: Consumer Loan Relief Program
- FAME: Lender Insurance Program
- FAME: Small Business Loan Relief Program
- FAME: Interim SBA Finance Loan
SBA- Small Business Administration
Maine Department of Economic and Community Development Resource for businesses impacted by COVID-19